I want you to begin noticing how the success of a company is influenced by operational decisions, and be able to recognize these operational decisions in current news stories. Keep in mind that only ONE person may post on a given news story (this means if the same story/ event, etc. appears in multiple news outlets, you may not post after another person has posted the same story.) For examples of the type of article that is expected for this assignment, please see the articles posted within Unit 7 (OM applications to support company strategy/ goals and OM Applications related to COVID-19 and Healthcare in General).
In your ORIGINAL POST, you need to provide a link to an interesting RECENT (since the beginning of January 2022) news article in the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, or other mainstream newspaper or business magazine (i.e. this does NOT mean blog posts or press releases, but rather mainstream news outlets, including your local city newspaper, i.e. Palm Beach Post, Sun Sentinel, Miami Herald, for those in South Florida), related to applications of operations management. In your ORIGINAL post you should include the following:
CREATE a new thread with the first line being the title of the article, in BOLD.
1) Title of article – NOTE: This article must be DIFFERENT from any other article already posted by your classmates and also different in topic (i.e. same news, but different article). A duplicate article will not receive credit. To make sure someone doesn’t post the same article while you are preparing your post, I highly suggest you post responses to items 1, 2, 3 and 3A, and then reply to your first post with a response to items 4, 5, and 6 within three days.
2) Source of the article
3) Hyper link to the article so other students can click on the link and view the article (paste the link into the CANVAS Discussion Forum, then highlight the link, click on the chain link in the tools bar, and paste the link again into the address box, and submit).
3A) Predominant OM Topic illustrated in the article (no explanation here – you will do that in 5) – this is particularly important for those articles relating to COVID-19, since there are so many articles in the news now, I don’t want everyone repeating the same concept but with different articles. See previous page in this module for more direction.
4) Provide a brief summary of the article (5 – 6 sentences). Do NOT plagiarize from a subsection of the article.
5) Explain how it relates to operations management, i.e. what specific concept/ decision of operations management (i.e. inventory management, supply chain management, product design, capacity constraints, etc.) is illustrated in the article, and how does the article illustrate how these decisions affect the performance of the firm.
6) Finally, explain what lessons or concepts this article helped you understand, or what take-aways you can give to other students based on the article.
I will be paying particular attention to the relevance of the article to operations management (i.e. it directly relates to the topic), as well as your explanation about HOW it relates to a specific area of operations management. I will also look for how well you have briefly summarized the article without copying parts of the article.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.