An effective safety and health program has been shown to prevent accidents, reduce workers’ compensation claims, and prevent some claims, and reduce the organization’s overall costs. Combined costs include the direct and indirect costs. Using past accidents of XYZ Corporation, calculate the Estimated Direct Costs, Indirect Costs and Combined total. Also capture what sales are needed to cover the total cost of the past incidents. Note you will find this formula in the posted powerpoint.
Using the list of incidents below, perform an Estimated Impact Analysis on a Company’s Profits by using the following link. https://www.osha.gov/dcsp/smallbusiness/safetypays/estimator.html The Company’s profit margin is 15 percent. Create an excel spreadsheet providing the indirect cost, direct cost and combined total cost for each incident. Also capture the projected sales to cover each incident.
For the second part of this assignment, create a MS Word Memo to Mr. Jim Lane, President of XYZ Corporation, explaining the impact of the company’s overall profit and how implementing hazard controls can save profit margins. Also explain how injuries affect the company’s workers compensation benefits. Five other questions must be addressed in the memo to Mr. Lane:
1. Do injuries increase or decrease workers comp cost?
2. On or about page 185 of the text, there is a list of six basic objectives underlying workers’ compensation laws. How can each of these benefit the XYZ Corporation?
3. Using the information in Chapter 9 of the text, explain the purpose of a Job Safety Analysis, when to use it, and how will this would benefit XYZ Corporation. Find a JSA via internet search and compare and contrast the JSA you located with that which is provided in the textbook (Figure 9-5) on or about page 207. Be sure to provide a reference to the JSA you found or provide an image in the memo.
4. Explain how a safety and health professional can use the OSHA Safety Pays Tool to effect change in an organization?
5. Provide a table and/or graph that explain the direct cost, indirect cost, and total cost for the injuries determined from the Safety Pays Tool. Also, explain the projected sales to cover these costs.
XYZ Corporation summary of injuries 2018:
1. Fitter had foreign body removed from eye.
2. Rigger was rigging to a load when the load shifted causing the employee to get trapped. Employee’s leg was fractured in the incident.
3. Office Employee was required to undergo surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome.
4. Electrician working on the ballast of a fluorescent light was electrocuted from not properly using lock out tag out.
5. Material handler ruptured a disc in back from lifting heavy objects. Choose rupture for injury type.
6. Employee had to get leg amputated due to a company vehicle accident.
7. Welder lacerated hand on a piece of metal.
8. Employee’s ladder gave way and sprained ankle when jumping off.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.