MGT 550 Week 8 Chapter 10 Quiz
1. When organizations are successful, the values, ideas, and practices that helped attain success become institutionalized.
2. Which of the following is a characteristic of values-based leaders?
a.They are consistently ethical in their public lives but unethical in their private lives.
b.They put effort into maintaining positive interpersonal relationships.
c.They put company interests above ethics.
d.They punish the subordinates for their mistakes and failures.
3. _____ involves employee disclosure of illegal, immoral, or illegitimate practices on the part of the organization.
4. Which of the following rites in an organization creates common bonds and good feelings among employees and increases commitment to the organization?
a.Rite of renewal
b.Rite of degradation
c.Rite of enhancement
d.Rite of integration
5. In a mission culture, managers shape behavior by envisioning and communicating a desired future state for the organization.
6. _____ refers to organizational policies and practices that both enhance the economic success of a company and advance the economic and social conditions of the communities in which the company operates.
7. Issuing an authoritative directive can impact an organization’s value system in a great manner.
8. Which of the following is not true of managers in non-constructive cultures?
a.They are comfortable with the status quo.
b.They care mainly about themselves.
c.They tend to be isolated and bureaucratic.
d.They care deeply about stakeholders.
9. An ethics committee is a cross-functional group of executives who oversee company ethics.
10. A code of ethics is a formal statement of the company’s values concerning ethics and social responsibility.
11. Culture is a set of written rules and norms to guide an organization.
12. Most ethics offices have confidential _____ that employees can use to seek guidance as well as report questionable behavior.
13. Legends are accurate representations of true events.
14. In an organization that follows the mission culture, bonuses and promotions are based on seniority rather than performance.
15. In large organizations, culture is always uniform throughout the organization.
16. Which of the following is the purpose of holding rites and ceremonies in an organization?
a.To provide dramatic examples of what a company values
b.To help the growth of sales and improve the profit margin
c.To provide employees with moral guidance
d.To ensure the abolition of competitors
17. Most Internet-based companies use the adaptability type of culture.
18. Which of the following is true of organizational culture?
a.It is initially expressed by the low-level managers.
b.It cannot help an organization adapt to the external environment.
c.It provides people with a sense of identity.
d.It is invariant with time and change in leadership.
19. Which of the following does the mission culture emphasize?
a.The involvement and participation of the organization’s members
b.A consistency orientation for a stable environment
c.A clear vision of the organization’s purpose
d.The rapidly changing expectations from the external environment
20. Companies that favor fast growth and short-term profits over ethics are generally more successful in the long run.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.